The Director of E-Commerce is responsible for the successful operation of the L’OCCITANE US web business, working closely with the VP of Marketing and the Director of Customer Relationship Marketing to develop and implement strategies to deliver profitable growth based on new customer acquisition and customer retention programs. In addition to the direct responsibility for all aspects of the US web business, the Director of E-Commerce will be responsible for the development of the Customer Service team into a highly efficient department that delivers exceptional customer experience and sales growth.The Director of E-Commerce will form strong relationships with the Global Digital team in Paris and also the heads of E-Commerce in the North Atlantic & Australia region to enable the impactful adoption of the latest thinking and proven best practices.
1. Managing Operations
- Develop and implement effective strategies to grow sales and profit.
- Create and manage the budgeted P&L for web including advertising and agency investments, payroll and other operating expenses.
- Produce accurate, timely management information on web performance.
- Ensure all operational aspects of E-Commerce are tightly managed and effective, to ensure the delivery of an exceptional end customer experience.
2. Technical Management
- Evaluate, recommend and implement internal technical improvements and also advise when to engage external partners to enable the company to deliver industry leading sales growth and customer acquisition by best in class digital execution.
- Ensure the website is fully functional, compelling and competitive to maintain L’Occitane’s digital leadership in beauty in the US.
- Work with marketing to ensure content on-line is engaging, brand appropriate, and inspires loyalty and deeper online customer relationships.
3. Managing People
- Ensure the US E-Commerce and Customer Service teams have clear goals and objectives, are inspired to do well and have a working environment that encourages personal growth and satisfaction.
- Work engagingly across business functions to foster strong bonds and team working in the US; across the NAA region and internationally.
- Actively manage staffing schedules to allow the business to manage peaks of activity in a dynamic and efficient way.